Please read the following document requirement and kindly ensure that you are able to provide all of the listed documents before starting your application.
General Documents - All Applicants must provide the following:
- Passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages
- Correct visa fee (Please see the Prices Page for more details)
- Two recent photographs as specified in the photo guidance page.
- Duly Filled Online application form with Signatures for each applicant.
If traveling with Minor Child (Under 16 Years of age):
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate showing the names of both the parents
- Consent letter signed by both the parents.
- Photocopy of Parent’s passports along with the copy of their current Indian Visa, if already holding one.
- If parents are Indian citizens, copy of the resident status in the UK would be required.
- In case of Divorce, Child Custody Letter from court in respect of the child is required.
- In case of Single Parent, Solicitor’s Letter and Child Benefit letter will be required.
Media Related Professionals, Police or Armed Forces, Commercial Pilots, Charity Workers and Priest going to India for Tourism need to submit the following along with the above:
- Letter from the employer stating the purpose of travel.
- If Self Employed, please provide an Undertaking letter stating no Professional related activities would be undertaken during the stay in India.
Applicant’s holding Bangladeshi Passport Holders/Pakistani passport holders /UK passport holders of Pakistani Origin /Spouse:
- Last three months bank statement.
- Notarized invitation from relative (s) in India and their proof of identity (Photo ID) (Only for Pakistani Passport Holder)
- Duly filled five sets of Specific Visa application form for Pakistani passport holders with one identical photo on each form.(Pakistani Passport Holders)
- Copy of employer's letter OR chartered accountant's certificate (if self-employed) OR unemployment allowance letter / disability allowance letter / benefit letter.
- Duly filled Additional Information form (Pakistani Passport/Foreign Passport Holders of Pakistani Origin/Spouse)
- Duly filled Visa Application Form for Bangladeshi passport holders (All the columns of the Form are Mandatory and must be completely filled). Three sets of Application form.(Bangladeshi Passport Holders)
- Latest one month bank statement. (Afghanistan /Bangladeshi Passport Holders)
For Sri Lankan & Chinese Passport Holders:
- Duly filled additional form (Colombo Form) for Srilankan passport holders.
- Duly filled additional form (Beijing Form) for Chinese passport holders.
For Person whose previous nationality was Indian before acquiring foreign nationality:
- Surrender Certificate of the Indian Passport
- If traveled to India before, please provide your Previous Passport with Indian Visa
Non-UK Passport Holders, resident in UK for less than Two years, applying for Indian visa, need to provide a duly filled additional form for NON-UK Nationals who have been living in the UK for less than two years. The processing time for such applications will be a minimum of 15 working days. NON-UK Passport Holders, resident in UK for more than Two years, need to provide the following: Stamp of Indefinite stay OR
- 1. Utility bills pertaining to Current Month, and One for at least Two years back (but not older than 30 months).
- Utility Bills include only Landline Telephone, Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax Bills and Tenancy Agreement
- Bank statements will not be considered as Proof of Stay.
- Mix and Match of the Utility bills are not acceptable.
- In absence of 2 years residence proof in UK, case to be treated as Non-UK national and Non-UK form should be submitted.